[Gambas-user] Debugging Gambas (again)

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 23:57:11 CEST 2019

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019, KKing wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I did compile 3.13.0 with the extra debug symbols.... but it was very slow
> and even without having opened a project yet seemed to be churning out
> continual (possibly repetitive) logging?

This is the effect of "-DDEBUG_ME". You do not get this with just "-O0 -g".
DEBUG_ME enables all sorts of diagnostics and tracing inside the interpreter,
as you have seen, and it does not discriminate which Gambas program you're
running. If you have to enable DEBUG_ME at some point in the future again,
do *not* run your project through the IDE but directly from the command line.
You don't want to debug the IDE opening your project after all.

Regards,
Tobi