[Gambas-user] Debugging Gambas (again)

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 16:00:02 CEST 2019

Hi All,

Good news and....

The good news, my project (with no code changes) does not crash on 3.13.0 !

So I can carry on with the the proof of concept porting from PowerBasic.

OTOH, it would have been nice to learn more about (lower level) debugging.

I did compile 3.13.0 with the extra debug symbols.... but it was very
slow and even without having opened a project yet seemed to be churning
out continual (possibly repetitive) logging? I ended up doing another
make without the debug symbols and it now performs as expected around
the area that it always failed on with a segfault in 3.8.4 or seeming
inexplicable termination on 3.9.1 (no segfault, was as if a stop
instruction encountered)

Thankyou all.

K.