[Gambas-user] Comment Blocks

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 20:08:20 CEST 2019

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Oh yes, forgot this about {} you proposed:
>
> When using an apostrophy, I will need Caps on a German keyboard for the
> apostrophy, then change to AltGr to produce { for instance. This is
> roundabout too. When I use '(, I can leave my finger on the Caps key and
> type in the two signs directly: Caps + # + 8 = '(

I don't know about this objection. I'm used to these keys being hard to
reach by now. They're ubiquitous in programming. (I affectionately call
it cultural imperialism :-) Some people I know switch to an English
keyboard layout for programming, but I never got the hang of that.)

Using a (sometimes) dead key like ` is one thing, but '{} seems fine to me.

Grüße,
Tobi