[Gambas-user] Comment Blocks

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Sat Apr 20 18:15:13 CEST 2019

Kind of slow around here, so here is something to ponder.

I'm wondering what others think about the ability to have comment blocks.  In C, I use them as intended, but they are also darn handy to block out sections of code while debugging.  The same would be true in Gambas.

I would suggest using the much underutilized reverse apostrophe (aka grave accent or backquote), living lonely under the tilde on most keyboards, in combination with the traditional apostrophe to make the demarcation quite clear.

'`  Anything here is comment...(including multiple lines)..... `'

Kind of makes them look like stylish double quotes.

I haven't tried these yet:  http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/helpcomments

But they could be done as '`'''  ....     `' and '`''  ....     `' respectively.

Thoughts?