[Gambas-user] Error compiling on Fedora

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 17:20:22 CEST 2018

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018, Gianluigi wrote:
> Now I can install Gambas3 (working) but it doesn't compile gbh3.
> I tried to install am-utils but without success, which library still do I
> miss?
>
> I enclose the final part of the log file
>
> TIA
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

> Installing gambas3...
> Compiling gbs3...
> OK
> Installing gbs3...
> Installing the scripter...
> Registering Gambas script mimetype
> Registering Gambas server page mimetype
> Installing the Gambas appdata file
> Installing the Gambas template projects
> /usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/share/gambas3/template;
> cp -R ./template/* /usr/share/gambas3/template;
> make[2]: Nessuna operazione da eseguire per "install-data-am".
> make[2]: uscita dalla directory "/home/gian/gambasdevel/app"
> make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/home/gian/gambasdevel/app"
> Making install in .
> make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/home/gian/gambasdevel"
> make[2]: ingresso nella directory "/home/gian/gambasdevel"

> || Unable to compile gbh3
>
> make[2]: Nessuna operazione da eseguire per "install-data-am".
> make[2]: uscita dalla directory "/home/gian/gambasdevel"
> make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/home/gian/gambasdevel"

Hmm, gbh3 doesn't really need anything. Can you do

  $ cd your/gambas/sources
  $ cd main/tools/gbh3
  $ gbc3 -ga

and see what it says?

In any case, gbh3 is more of a development tool IIRC. It is intended
to extract documentation from source code comments in C/C++ components,
similar to the '' and ''' comments in Gambas sources. You won't miss
anything even if it doesn't compile.

Regards,
Tobi