[Gambas-user] gbh3

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 9 23:33:32 CEST 2018

I have just recently taken over the package creation script of gambas3
for Slackware from Fredrich
and noticed the following error message (tailed output)

Making install in .
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/SBo/gambas-3.11.4'
make[3]: Entering directory '/tmp/SBo/gambas-3.11.4'

|| Unable to compile gbh3

make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/gambas-3.11.4'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/gambas-3.11.4'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/gambas-3.11.4'

  when doing a
make -j1 install-strip DESTDIR=$PKG XDG_UTILS=""
(the last make in the packageing script)

After creating a slackware package and installing it, I can run the
gambas3 gui and create a project and run/compile it so i'm not sure if
the error is significant.

I noticed a reference to this error message in the mailing list a few
years ago which said to ignore the message.
Is that still the case? what is gbh3 ?  is it needed?

I also noticed that  on the website under help-compilation it encourages
you to get more configuration info by reading the INSTALL file in the
source root. However, that file just points you to the URL of the html
previously read. Is there any more info apart from running ./configure
--help or going through the configure.ac file (which is a bit hard going).?
many thanks, Tim