[Gambas-user] Global GUI-Scale ? (Control-size & -Pos varies in different HW)

ub2 at gmx.ch ub2 at gmx.ch
Wed Sep 5 20:24:30 CEST 2018

Dear Gambas cracks

Already struggling quite a while in vain with code, preferences and in
the internet, I'd like to ask for some good ideas here.

I'm using Gambas programs on different Hardware:
HW-1) on a Notebook with ext. Monitor:
	Gambas=3.11.4,
	Distribution=Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS,
	Desktop=XFCE
	Resolution:1920x1080 + 1920x1200
HW-2) on a Raspberry 3B with an ext. Monitor:
	Gambas=3.9.1,
	Distribution=debian 9.4,
	Desktop=LXDE
	Resolution:1680x1050
HW-3) on a Nexus4 with UBPorts, OTA-4, Libertine
	... in work

What I do not understand:
- Why are Gambas-forms not shown similar* on both platforms?
	... not even in the IDE's?

*Control-position and size with the same amount of Pixels
	(see also attached Screenshots)

What I'm hoping to find:
- Is there a kind of "Global GUI-Scale" in Gambas available?
- Would that allow to scale "GUIs" in a simple manner to different
Hardware-resolutions ?
(eg: Notebook, Pi-Display, Pi-extMon, Smartphone, ...?)

Any help (Ideas, links, keywords, ...) would be very appreciated.

For "Demo-GUI with 2 Controls" and further System-Details see attached
program. 	(GlobalGuiScale_180905a_Forum.tar.gz)

Thanks for your help.
(... and for Gambas!)

ub2