[Gambas-user] Some quotes and rant

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:24:29 CEST 2018

> Mmm, it's too late guys, I'm talking about versions that are already
> released. People can just hope that GTK+4 will be stable.

I am very sad and dismayed to read what you mention.
yeah we hope GTK+4 will be more stable but as we noted will be obviously
more heavy and will comes with unnecesary things

> Moreover I think they don't care. Otherwise they would have been careful
> with backard-compatibility, as any other people developing libraries
> anywhere usually are.

*I really want to thank you, really give you a big hug and express a big
appreciation to Benoit.* I know that although it is not the same but in my
case I use old things and you allow old things to still work with "Gambas", *we
have had differences with the ODBC module but really thanks to Gambas all
my machines and projects go no matter how old the linux is where I deploy
it or how old the machine is.*

*I'm going to give to all of you an real case, the Brazilian Daruma are
simple and small computers, theres no modern linux that install here
fine... but installing an old linux, some patches and "Gambas" compiled
against those old libraries everything is marvelous!*