[Gambas-user] Control widths, fonts, desktop scales, strings and a bad memory

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:35:54 CEST 2018

Le 03/09/2018 à 09:42, Me a écrit :
> In the back of my mind there is a tiny hope that some time ago someone had a way to (approximately) work out whether..
> "Will this string fit into the current control width?"
>
> Anyone out there with a good memory?
>
> tia

You can't, because you can't know where a control draws its text, how it
draws it, and if it has a border, inner padding, and so on.

Some controls have an AutoResize property to deal with that for you.

Otherwise you must use the Control.Font.TextWidth() method and add some
approximate padding.

Benoît Minisini