[Gambas-user] Offline help ; trouble with the wiki/en download

Me adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 08:11:08 CEST 2018

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 12:16:14 +0200
Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 25/10/2018 à 10:16, Me a écrit :
> > Somehow? I can't update my offline help.
> > I open a project, go to project properties/help and other... etc and it says that new help is available. But when I click on the update, it downloads every (registered) language but the en subdirectory.  All I get is two subdirs "api" and "app" but none of the others like "app" "comp" etc etc.
> > I have tried:
> > 1) clearing the cache
> > 2) deleting the entire ~/.local/gambas/wiki directory
> > 3) standing on top of a hill wearing a red top hat and a Stewart tartan kilt ( and various other things)
> > None have worked.
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > bruce
> > p.s. I am in a remote spot in South Australia at the moment so it may take me some time to get any replies and/or send more detail.
> >
> > tia
> >

> I have just updated my offline help, and I had no problem. Nothing like
> you described. Which version of Gambas do you use?
>
> Note the downloaded wiki.tar.bz2 is normally kept in the
> '~/.local/share/gambas3/wiki' folder.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

The version is from the git about 4 or 5 days ago : b8987158 (the ssl merge).
It is totally weird.  The only thing I can think of is that the local here is en_AU.  But no idea if that makes a difference.

Finally, I downloaded the actual bzip file from gambaswiki and decompressed it manually. Now I have help.  I get back
to you in a couple of days if I find anything that may be causing this.

(Oh I also tried another login and even created a new user, but they still had the same result.)

regards
bruce

--
Me <adamnt42 at gmail.com>