[Gambas-user] JIT crash

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 00:50:11 CEST 2018

Le 03/10/2018 à 14:25, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> There is the "null object" error, which happens only when JIT is
> enabled. See the attachment.
>
> Jussi

It comes from the fact that a public variable is declared in a child
class with the same name as in the parent class.

It works by luck in the interpreter, but not in the JIT compiler.

I think I should forbid that. Having two different variables with the
same name is obviously a design error. It's different from overriding a
method, a property or a constant, which is perfectly useful.

--
Benoît Minisini