[Gambas-user] Library and File

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:02:41 CET 2018

OK, let me try to summarize, condense and simplify all that... :-)

What you'd like to have is apparently the following:

"Export NameSpace" will not export a class to the default global symbol
table, but to a specific global symbol table identified by "NameSpace".

"NameSpace:Class" will be a new syntax for the class "Class" exported
into the global symbol table "NameSpace". The ":" is a good candidate
for that syntax, as it does not conflict with the label declaration
syntax, which is an identifier always ending with ":".

We can imagine a project default namespace, so that you don't have to
write "Export NameSpace" in all your classes, but just "Export".

"Export Default" will always export to the default global symbol table.

All that will slow down the class name resolution, but it is done once
by class reference in a class, so it should not be a big deal.

Of course all that is just a suggestion, and will not be done in the
next version.

Benoît Minisini