[Gambas-user] New mailing-list for bugtracker notifications

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Fri May 25 11:43:44 CEST 2018

Am 25.05.2018 um 08:27 schrieb Rolf-Werner Eilert:

> In Thunderbird, I made a subdirectory (below the Gambas directory) for
> the bugtracker mails, then made a filter which would put all mails with
> a [Gambas Bug Tracker] to this directory. Then I set it to keep those
> mails for a maximum of a few days, that's it.

Yes. You can do this now also. Just change your filter to filter by To.

But now newbies in the mailinglist are not overwhelmed by stuff that is
no talk between humans any more.

I usually filter with procmail and so will I do here. But it's more
reliable to filter by To: than Subject:. So one can write a mail with
"[Gambas Bug Tracker]" in the subject to the user mailinglist and it is
clear that it is a talk between humans about something relating to
"[Gambas Bug Tracker]".

Computer generated stuff disturbs talk between people. We had a lot of
unsubscriptions as notifications were piped into the mailinglists and it
got a lot better as we sent them to a specialized ml. So it will be here.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur