[Gambas-user] Replacing the JIT component

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:03:53 CEST 2018

So with a little hindsight I find your way interesting. The compilation
will be fast enough to be transparent and only a modification of the code
will require a recompilation. Code only making calls to interpreter
functions should also not be very complicated to maintain once it has been
produced. It's pretty clever finally as an approach. On the other hand, the
code will have to be compiled totally, an optimization to the function is
impossible. But in the end as it is a unique compilation the time lost is
negligible.

To try I think. I am wondering what would be the actual compilation time
for the C code generated from the IDE code ...

> Le 16/05/2018 à 20:03, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
>
>> how do you manage cross architecture compilation ?
>>

> I don't. The translated C code is compiled on the same system it is run.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Fabien Bodard