[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1297: Illegal Operation in Serial Communication

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Thu May 17 15:25:32 CEST 2018

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1297&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by PICCORO LENZ MCKAY:

i'll mark tthis to invalid becose Making the serial port component warn if it is in use or not would be much slower than it already is, and in this case (I do a lot of work with this port and with fiscal impression) I see its use quite slow already

the nature of those ports does not feedback any response unless requested, and the gambas component make good work due manages as stream and not manually at all...

the manange of the state must be done by the user using the events and the status of devices (maybe not so described in the wiki)

i like make documentation and much work i can do explain those cases but until a web framework easy to use (less abstract) are missing in gambas i cannot do so much

PICCORO LENZ MCKAY changed the state of the bug to: Invalid.