[Gambas-user] Postgres connection problem since upgrading to 3.11 form 3.9.2

Richard Terry richard.h.terry at gmail.com
Wed May 16 07:12:46 CEST 2018

Hi list

I upgraded one machine accidentally to gambas 3.11 and now my medical
software won't run

As far as I can ascertain it dies one of our subs (part of which is
listed below). If I put a breakpoint in it gets to the .Type='postresql'
then errors out. If I step through the code line by line I get a
seg-fault on the line *$hconn = New Connection. *We have used this code
since 2008 without problems.
**

?any ideas, pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Private Function Actual_Connect() As String

   Dim ssh_path As String
   Dim n As Integer = 0
   Dim evt As Collection
   Dim s As String

   Try $hconn.Close
   Try pg_socket_file.Close()
   If Not IsNull(inferior_ssh) Then Try inferior_ssh.Kill()
*$hconn = New Connection*
   With $hconn
*    .Type = "postgresql"   << seems to die here*
     .Login = conninfo!username
     .Password = conninfo!password
     .Name = conninfo!dbname
   End With