[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1318: ERROR with Commit fdf8fa65

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Wed May 16 02:26:27 CEST 2018

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1318&from=L21haW4-

Comment #6 by Tobias BOEGE:

Well, my understanding of the problem is that certain functions in 0.64 return explicitly const data,
so that I had to declare the variables holding the return values as const. That is not a problem usually,
but sometimes they are objects, and pre-0.64 popplers don't seem to declare getters on them as const.
Calling non-const methods on const objects gives you the abundance of errors above.

Right now, the only solution (aside from -fpermissive) seems to be to take all the consts I added
in fdf8fa65 and wrap them in an #ifdef. Sorry, I'll not go through that now but tomorrow when my eyes
hurt less and none of you came up with a better trick.