[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3.11.0

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:27:42 CEST 2018

hi Benoit, i reviewed the changelog agains the git commits.. pufff great
work.. too many changes for a new version

but i really worried due nothings lives forever.. and i noted that now this
will be the last version that can be compiled and distributed in older
linuxes, GAMBAS ARE GREAT, it's maybe one of the only software that still
can be installed in any setup/environment, for that and due that i really
really THANSK TO THE GAMBAS TEAM!

tonight, i'll make a complete compilation in the debian lenny and squeeze
of my machines...around 7 machines and, at woprk many more.. many machines
at my work that thanks to Gambas *runs many little ad-hoc programs*

i will explain me a lot: by example in my home, i have a framegrabber Zoran
(ZR36120) that only works with the pauline olde linux module
https://www.polyware.nl/~middelin/En/hob-v4l.html in the kernel 2.6.18 very
very patched... so to make it work i setup a lenny debian (kernel 2.6.26)
with kernel 2.6.18  ... AND NO! I NOT HAVE TIME TO MODIFY AND SETUP A NEW
MACHINE, for what.. if everything are wroking fine!

other important reason: in my country a new machine are *very very
expensive! very!* -> Venezuela! -> Economic crisis!

Here, some other great hardware only work with older linuxes.. due nobody
today made good modules for.. inclusivelly some moder hardware never have
good support only in specific linuxes..

i do not unse Guindows in any way,,. so i prefer use a older lnux and never
guindows..

THAT SOME OF ONE OF MANY REASONS WHY  i still use olders releases of
linux..

SECURITY PATCHES: please i patched by my own!

I HOPE IN TE FUTURE WILL UNDERSTAND THAT GAMBAS ITS NOT A HOBBY AND NEED A
MORE "INDUSTRIAL" VIEW.. but for now, are GREAT!

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com