[Gambas-user] problem with the CDate function

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:46:44 CEST 2018

Le 02/05/2018 à 15:38, Gianluigi a écrit :

> <mailto:sharon at 455.co.il>>:
>
>     Hello
>
>     Operating system: Fedora 27 64 BIT
>     Gambas 3.10.0
>
>     I have a problem with the CDate function when I run the example that
>     appears in this
>     documentation:
>
>     It takes me back one day
>
>     I run:
>

>     Print CDate ("09/06/1972 01:45:12")
>
>     And it returns to me:
>
>     09/05/1972 22:45:12
>

> You must use Date and not CDate which locates the UTC date [0].
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi
> [0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

No, it's not the problem.

It's just that people must understand that CDate() interprets its
argument as an UTC date, and that Str() (hence Print) converts a date
into a local representation.

So if you use CDate(), you must use CStr() to go back to the original
string. Otherwise, use Val() and Str().

See the documentation about these functions. I think some non-american
examples should be added to make things clearer.

Benoît Minisini