[Gambas-user] Write a new component: Firmata (Second attempt)

Matias De lellis mati86dl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:33:18 CEST 2018

Hi Benoît,

> If you mix GUI and specific serial port processing in your controls, it's
> logical to make a specific component, or a library.
>
> But if you want to have a LED-like control, you should not make it depend
> on anything, so that it can be put in gb.form.
>
> And then, if you need a LED control with serial port processing, then make
> another control.

Of course .. I understand your proposal.. :wink:
Led is a very simple and specific example, and I would not like to add it
by default to the IDE when no one will use it. Maybe I need more complex
controls, and they will be even more unnecessary to the rest of users, and
only obstruct in the interface within the list of controls. :disapointed:
It's a pity, but for now I'm going to continue with the controls within the
component..

It's how gb.db.form was made: if I want a ComboBox control linked to a
> database field, I name it "DataComboBox".
>
> Maybe you should do the same: find a prefix, for example "Firmata", so
> that you have "FirmataSwitchButton", "FirmataLed", and so on.

Maybe use the suggested nomenclature. :wink:

> Regards,

Well, Now I will focus on making a solid component and I'll plan how to
extend it correctly.. :smile:
Thanks for all,
Regards

Matias