[Gambas-user] DBus.Introspectable.Introspect vs. Gambas

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:46:48 CET 2018

On 03/16/2018 11:32 AM, Hans Lehmann wrote:
> Am 16.03.2018 um 13:50 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
>> The DBusObject implements the 'Instropect' method of the 'org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable' interface for all Gambas
>> objects that inherit it.
> Good to know and where is that in the documentation?
>>
>> So there is no reason why this command would not work.
> That's my problem. I can't see the way.
>
> Hello.
>
> Obviously only a small part of gambas code would help here.
>
> With kind regards
>
> Hans

I think you would do something like:
Print DBus["org.freedesktop.DBus"]["/org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable"].Instrospect()

But, when I try that, in the console I get:
process 5278: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in
file dbus-message.c line 1344.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
KCrash: Application 'gbx3' crashing...

I tried observing the bus with:
[code]
Public hObserver As DBusObserver

Public Sub Main()
  hObserver = New DBusObserver(DBus.Session, DBus.Method, Null, Null, Null, "*") As "BusWatch"
End

Public Sub BusWatch_Message()
  Print "Received: " & hObserver.Message
End