[Gambas-user] Error during registration on the D-Bus

Hans Lehmann hans at gambas-buch.de
Sun Mar 11 09:58:42 CET 2018

Am 11.03.2018 um 09:02 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Of course, Service is an object in your program. If you run the
> program twice, you have a different Service object which is never
> registered at program start.
Yeah, I missed that.

> Registering an object is different from subscribing an application to
> the DBus, which is done automatically by the component.
It's good to know that the component registers itself on the bus. I had
suspected it, but I didn't know it.

> You don't have a method that will tell you that your application is
> already registered. If you had one, it won't work anyway because of
> the race condition it will imply.

For what purpose does the 'DBus.IsRegistered' property exist? In which
case do you use this property?

> So you have to deal with DBus.Unique only, and wait for an error
> telling you that your application is already registered.
Thanks for pointing out that Lee added a source code.

Hello Benoit,
hello Lee.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

With kind regards

Hans