[Gambas-user] better aproach for wiki offline

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 18:19:20 CEST 2018

thanks for your quick reply tobias.. i have some cos about it:

> The Gambas wiki script is included in the repository. I downloaded the
> latest wiki snapshot and ran the script locally. It didn't work for me,
> so I patched it (which I wish you would have thought of in the past two
> months). Patch is attached. The only problem is that the latest wiki
> dump is apparently from 2016. Benoit should set up a cronjob on that
> server perhaps.

seems its the wiki just right after the new markdown based and just
conversion from that dump..

> For completeness, the wiki dump is at [1] and the generation date is [2].
> You uncompress the archive to create `$HOME/wiki/gambas/data/...'.
> This is approximately what the IDE does, except that is uses a different
> path.

maybe if at the ide we can specify the path where the help are stored?
(and/or running)

> But instead of using the apparently broken help viewer there,
> you run the app/src/gambas-wiki script, which uses a local gb.httpd,
> and your usual web browser. I just had to remove some "web server
> bug fix" which Benoit probably needs for the production server and which
> breaks language fallback (among other things) locally (the gist of it
> is that there was always the "wiki" component too much in the path).

maybe those "fix" are "not happened" for offline mode case..

> Another option is to fix the help browser in the IDE. I never use it

that-s it's necessary! when i try to display some help,
if are not translated in russian or spanish, does snot show any content
and get an error, but corresponding english version are available..

> and didn't care to look what, if anything, is broken. Might be the same
> error as above. And still, it might interest some people that you can
> host your own gambaswiki.org, as long as you have a fresh content dump.
> The gambas-wiki is also a neat example of a Gambas web application.

i see the code of the gambas wiki, very abstract and simplified! great but
not easy to novices..
i still have pending study and explained to others..

but currently the gambas wiki example does not have any wiki content..
it's a empty example to start to fill pages inside it...