[Gambas-user] New Just-in-time system (2)

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 22:15:29 CEST 2018

> It's a lot of macros defined in the 'jit.h' and 'gambas.h' file located in
> gb.jit, and directly put at the start of the C file.

Yes, I noticed.

> Of course you have to know how the interpreter works to understand the
> code.

Well, example generated C code for "for to" loops are easy to understand.
But messy for human eye!

The C compiler is used there as a sophisticated assembler. It's not really
> C.

Also noticed the similarity.

You must use GB_JIT_DEBUG=1 and run your project from the command-line.
> That way, you will know if there is a unimplemented bytecode or a crash
> (i.e. bad C code).

I did not run it from command line, nor did I used the debug on that. I
just got wrongly identified variable types (X was given, expected Y).
I'm quite sure it is not fruitful to report any of that yet. It's very
probably about unimplemented stuff.

Jussi