[Gambas-user] Format function changes date value

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:42:15 CEST 2018

Le 06/06/2018 à 23:35, George a écrit :
> I'm not sure why the previous, more consistent behavior, was considered
> a bug, and why it's deemed better now that it's 'fixed', and different
> date functions behave differently, and are incompatible with each other.
>
> I have an application that makes extensive use of dates and date
> calculations, which has worked just fine for years.  But now the bug fix
> has seriously broken things.  I started to kludge some of the code to
> make it work, but I could see I was heading down a rat-hole.  So in the
> end I migrated it to .NET instead.
>
> Just my $0.02

Sorry, but if you don't understand why the old behaviour is buggy, and
the new one is correct, then it means that you don't understand how date
& time work.

It's exactly like strings and charsets.

As soon as you don't deal with applications that must simultaneously
work in different timezones, it's not a big deal.

Otherwise you will have problems sooner or later.

Benoît Minisini