[Gambas-user] New Just-In-Time system (work in progress)

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:00:12 CEST 2018

Hi,

On a fresh cloned git :

fabien at fabien-TERRA-MOBILE-1749S ~/Documents/gambas/gb.jit $ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean"
there first
fabien at fabien-TERRA-MOBILE-1749S ~/Documents/gambas/gb.jit $ make disclean
make: *** Aucune règle pour fabriquer la cible « disclean ». Arrêt.
fabien at fabien-TERRA-MOBILE-1749S ~/Documents/gambas/gb.jit $ make distclean
make[1] : on entre dans le répertoire
« /home/fabien/Documents/gambas/gb.jit »
rm -rf .libs _libs
rm -f *.lo
test -z "" || rm -f
test . = "." || test -z "" || rm -f
rm -f config.h stamp-h1
rm -f libtool config.lt
rm -f TAGS ID GTAGS GRTAGS GSYMS GPATH tags
rm -f cscope.out cscope.in.out cscope.po.out cscope.files
make[1] : on quitte le répertoire « /home/fabien/Documents/gambas/gb.jit »
rm -f config.status config.cache config.log configure.lineno
config.status.lineno
rm -f Makefile
fabien at fabien-TERRA-MOBILE-1749S ~/Documents/gambas/gb.jit $ ./reconf
bash: ./reconf: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
fabien at fabien-TERRA-MOBILE-1749S ~/Documents/gambas/gb.jit $ ls
aclocal.m4      compile       config.h.in  configure  DISABLED
install-sh  Makefile.in  src
autom4te.cache  config.guess  config.sub   depcomp    DISABLED.gb.jit
 ltmain.sh   missing      warnings.log
[...]

I'm stuck here.  How can i progress ?

> in gambas wiki there's directly the "how to deal with git" with specifics
> topics about it
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

>> ...but it's never easy with git. How to switch branches?
>> Advices on "git for dummies", "git for f*cking idiots", etc, etc do
>> nothing useful. There doesn't seem to be branch named "jit-with-c".
>> Only master is listed.
>>

>> Jussi
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 11:49 PM, Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, of course, it cannot be merged until ready, because it replaces the
>>> old JIT...
>>> I'll fetch the branch and test it.
>>>

>>> Jussi

Fabien Bodard