[Gambas-user] Compilation AND Installation

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 14:38:42 CEST 2018

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018, Mayost Sharon wrote:
> Hello and thank you very much
>
> I am on a new operating system FEDORA 28 never installed GAMBAS
>
> I ran:
>
> dnf groupinstall -y "Development Tools" "Development Libraries"
>
> dnf install -y cairo-devel libsqlite3x-devel sqlite2-devel gtk2-devel gtkglext-devel
> imlib2-devel librsvg2-devel poppler-devel qt-devel libv4l-devel SDL-devel
> SDL_sound-devel SDL_ttf-devel SDL_net-devel SDL_mixer-devel SDL_image-devel
> SDL_gfx-devel SDL_Pango-devel unixODBC-devel postgresql-devel libXtst-devel mysql-devel
> pcre-devel mesa-libGLU-devel mesa-libGLw-devel mesa-libGL-devel glew-devel dbus-devel
> libzip libzip-devel bzip2-devel libcurl-devel qt-webkit-devel libxml2-devel
> libxslt-devel libv4l-devel libjpeg-turbo-devel ncurses-devel gsl-devel libXtst-devel
> gstreamer-devel gstreamer-plugins-base-devel
>

> I ran the
>
> ( ./reconf-all ; ./configure -C ; make ; make install ) > output4.txt 2>&1
>
> And yet it does not work

But what does not work? Do you get errors, does nothing happen at all?
Does it compile but not install? You did not attach the output4.txt which
ought to contain all that information.

And another observation: "make install" must be executed as root, which is
usually done by issuing "sudo make install" or "su make install". If you
weren't root, it's no wonder Gambas didn't install, even though compilation
was successful.

If you executed the whole above chain as root and it didn't work either,
attach the output file you created. Also note that compiling as root isn't
necessary and doing unnecessary things as root is dangerous by default.

Regards,
Tobi