[Gambas-user] Translating native error messages

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:03:54 CEST 2018

Hi Benoit,

I saw some mixed-language error messages in output from someone recently.
(I run in an English locale, so I never noticed.) I think they come from
code like this:

  Error.Raise(Subst$(("Something went wrong: &1"), Error.Text))

where the translated string is translated in the Gambas project this
code comes from, but the Error.Text is a low-level interpreter or native
component error message, which is not translated.

I don't know gettext, so my first question is: can't we translate these
native pieces just like we translate Gambas projects? Is it "just" a
matter of doing translation work and inserting some macros in the sources?

Regards,
Tobi