[Gambas-user] News about the new just-in-time compiler

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 08:35:48 CEST 2018

Le 03/07/2018 à 01:21, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> Could there be option for caching the compiled code? IE way to disable
> usage of absolute addresses?
>

> Jussi

It's a big job, because I have to write relocatable C code.

A solution would be generating pre-processed C-code, with all absolute
addresses replaced by text markups, that would be in turn replaced by
the real absolute addresses at runtime.

The code would have to be recompiled each time, but as it would have
been preprocessed, the compilation should be a bit faster.

But I'm not sure the difference will be noticeable, as most of the time
is taken by the gcc optimization pass.

Benoît Minisini