[Gambas-user] News about the new just-in-time compiler

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:20:47 CEST 2018

Le 04/07/2018 à 00:04, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> I was in impression that I got unfreed stuff with latest revision, but I
> was wrong.
> I'm still unable to figure out what crashes the JIT in the big project.

Hi,

With commit
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/commit/d3c93a05e4a15f65bc02024dc52ed941bc567659,
I can run your project without any crash and any error now.

You can use 'clang' instead of 'gcc' by defining 'GB_JIT_CC=clang' too.
'clang' is between 2x and 5x faster to compile, but at the moment it
fails on one test at line 492. A non-yet solved problem with huge
integer constants.

Benoît Minisini