[Gambas-user] Help with downgrading to lower version of gambas - postgres problems persist - Solved?

Richard Terry richard.h.terry at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:44:52 CEST 2018

Hi Benoit,

I think I've found the problem and its in our code.

We don't use the Gambas3 data connector, we wrote our own code to set up
the connection back in 2008 when we started writing EasyGP, at least Ian
did this part

I took a look at it today and now the error message makes sense.

Part of the code in our subroutine was:

$hconn = New Connection
...... bla bla lots of code inbetween.....doing lots of things
backend_pid = PQbackendPID(Connection.Handle)  [which now generates the
message "Connection.Handle is not static"]

I'm guessing this was a typo and should have read backend_pid =
PQbackendPID($hconn.Handle)

Its running now with this change and logs on ok, so hopefully this is
all it was. Strange it worked for all those years, maybe something was
'tightened up' after version 3.9

Regards

Richard