[Gambas-user] SmtpClient Vs GMail

Franco tovagliolifranco at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 21:10:14 CET 2018

Il 31/01/2018 18:59, T Lee Davidson ha scritto:
> Try setting SmtpClient.Debug = True so you can see the exchange with the SMTP server as it happens.
Thanks Lee for the time you dedicated to me.
I was already aware of Google's restrictions on its mail server.
obviously the SendMail component calls the default mail client, in my
case Thunderbird, which already has the right settings for GMail.
On the other hand, SmtpClient works well with another account that does
not use OAuth2 as authentication.
The only difference is graphic, with SmtpClient you can create an
interface is more streamlined and simpler, as well as faster,
Thunderbird intervenes with its GUI, a little more "cumbersome".
But I do not find it right that Google indicates as less secure app all
those not "Brand", perhaps to discourage ...?
Please note that I am using an "automatic" Google translator to respond,
so I hope there are no involuntary "nonsense".
Thanks again, a dear greeting to you.
vigiot