[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1226: [21] Out of bounds.

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Jan 22 06:17:41 CET 2018

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1226&from=L21haW4-

Conor KIRKPATRICK reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

[21] Out of bounds.

Type             : Bug
Priority         : Low
Gambas version   : 3.10
Product          : Development Environment

Description
-----------

Apologies if this isn't actually a bug, but I feel Gambas should catch this error instead of terminating.

How to recreate:
Create a project (tested with regular GUI application or CLI application)

Add this code in some module or class:

do {

}
until 1 = 1

I understand this is not correct syntax.

Then try to compile or run. You will be met with this error:

"This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort.

[21] Out of bounds.
Project.CompileError.2403

[OK]

"

Then Gambas terminates.

I am running Gambas in Virtualbox r120293 with ubuntu server 16.10 with xfce 4.1.2 installed. I have not tested on any other systems.

Again if this is not a valid bug report, I apologize, and if you need any more information, I will provide.

System information
------------------

HOST: Windows 7 Pro (64 Bit)
Intel Core i7
10GB ram
nVidia Quadro FX 880M

Guest:
Virtualbox r120293
Ubuntu 64-bit
Base Memory: 7000MB
Processors: 4
Acceleration: VT-x/AMD-v, Nested Paging, KVM Paravirtualization
Video Memory: 16MB
Sata Port 0: uServer.vmdk (Normal, 10.00GB)
No audio
NIC: Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop
USB: xHCI

Clipboard: host to guest