[Gambas-user] Behaviour of built-in buttons of DataBrowser

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 18:50:50 CET 2018

On 01/13/2018 09:46 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
> At present I am having issues with the DataBrowser as follows:
>
> 1. Form freezes when ‘Enter’ is pressed in last row of data.

Confirmed. On a MySQL table, I get an "Out of bounds" error.

> 2. 'Editable’ DataBrowser reports numerous null objects when opening a larger PostgreSQL table.

Cannot confirm. Works fine on a MySQL table.

> 3. Attempt to delete from non-editable DataBrowser using a PostgreSQL table throws errors and locks form.

Works on a MySQL table, to my surprise. I incorrectly assumed that setting Editable=False would prevent any modification of the
table. Not so. Setting Editable=True has the effect of allowing rows to be edited in-line.

> 4. “New” button seems inoperative.
> This one I m sure is due to my lack of understanding, but I can't work it out.
> Explanation:
>  - If the DataBrowser control ‘Editable’ property is ‘False’, clicking the “New” button does not open a new row to edit.
>
>  - If the DataBrowser control ‘Editable’ property is ‘True’, a new row is always available to edit and clicking the “New” button does
> not change this.
>
> I expected the behaviour would be to toggle between presenting a new row and not presenting a new row.

I would expect the same behaviour as you, but I get the very behaviour you describe. Clicking the New button does have the
effect of navigating to the new row but does not highlight it to indicate it as the active row.

--
Lee