[Gambas-user] Errors using DataBrowser control

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 18:02:58 CET 2018

On 01/10/2018 02:46 AM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Just to complete the picture with my DataBrowser problems, I have attached three images: after trying to edit, to save and to
> delete a record. In all cases the control was in edit mode. Adding is unreliable in that it reports "You must fill in all
> mandatory fields" but the record is added. It also sometimes terminates the application, but on running the application again,
> the record is present.
>
> I am not recording these as bugs, because I expect the error to be in my code, or in my understanding of how things are supposed
> to work, rather than in Gambas itself. Please let me know if you would prefer them as bug reports.
>
> Kind regards,
> Doug

The DataBrowser has a handy toolbar that uses its own code. So, if you're using that alone, whatever you might have in your code
is irrelevant. Since I have since removed the PostgreSQL server, I just now tested on a MySQL data table with the DataBrowser in
edit mode. It works just as one would expect. No problem.

I'd say the DataSource is still having a bit of a problem with the PostgreSQL resource.

--
Lee