[Gambas-user] upgrade gambas in selected directory (upgrade script)

Daniel Blanch Bataller daniel.blanch.bataller at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 12:43:54 CET 2018

HI,

I would like to 'make install' latest version of gambas in an specific directory, let’s say /opt/gambas/3.10

moreover I would like to just install the ‘runtime’ not the development enviroment.

This is because I need to make an upgrade script, so I do have to mantain previous version for a while.

The idea is to tar.gz the  /opt/gambas/3.10  directory and install it in the destination machine.

When I do have the newer version I’ll change /usr/bin/gambas3 and others to point to the new version.

Is there anyway to do so?

Regards,

D.