[Gambas-user] IDE Connection Editor password save anomaly (was Re: Extracting fields from a Result)

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 02:38:03 CET 2018

On 01/03/2018 07:40 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
>> Given that, I would have to assume that the runtime is looking in the '.connection' Settings file in the project source
>> directory for the password. And, it's not there.
>
> Perhaps it is sending an invalid request to secret-tool (the Gnome variant). I have tried a couple of times to extract the key
> from the command line using secret-tool and the result is a null value, exactly what we are seeing when trying to make a
> connection. We may be onto something here!

Doug, I'm not referring to a Desktop keyring. I'm referring to the Settings[0] file created by the Connection Editor when the
"OK" button is clicked. It is found in the project's directory in the hidden directory, ".connection". In my case, it is named,
"Connection1.connection" and is just a text file with the connection parameters -- minus the password.

--
Lee

[0]: http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.settings