[Gambas-user] Extracting fields from a Result

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 05:12:13 CET 2018

On 01/01/2018 10:00 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
> I changed the code to connect to my database and the following was the output:
> [doug at womble <mailto:doug at womble> CommandLinePostgreSQLtestApp]$ ./CommandLinePostgreSQLtestApp.gambas
> Connected.
> Main.Main.24: 35
> Main.Main.25: Main.Main.25: Unknown field: txtMasterDatabase
> Main.Main.25
>
> 35 is the correct field count; txtMasterDatabase is the first field in the table.
>
> I have attached two source archives: one is my PostgreSQL test application - the one which started this thread - and the other
> is your command line application. Please feel free to point out if I have done something stupid, because I am at the start of my
> Gambas learning curve and welcome any input.

Looking at the name of the first field in the table reminded me of something I stumbled across during my foray into PostgreSQL
land. It has an issue with mixed-case names.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20878932/are-postgresql-column-names-case-sensitive :
"All identifiers (including column names) that are not double-quoted are folded to lower case in PostgreSQL."

--
Lee