[Gambas-user] Extracting fields from a Result

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 18:34:55 CET 2018

On 01/01/2018 12:17 PM, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> On 01/01/2018 02:47 AM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
[snip]

>> Why am I seeing these password problems when the Connection objects they are using connect perfectly?
>
> Good question. I am having a similar issue, but all I get is "Cannot open database:" - no reason given. "Common.CheckDB.34" tops
> the Stack backtrace.
>
> I don't know if it's related, but when I set the properties for the Connection, I did not enable "Remember password". Yet, I got
> an error message, "Unable to save password. Cannot store passwords on desktop KDE5: No wallet found". The error is correct;
> there is no wallet. But I shouldn't have gotten any error because I did not elect to save the password.
>
> The Connection can read the database statically through the IDE, but apparently not at runtime.

BTW, Doug, did you try the command line application version I posted? Or, in your graphical application, you could try setting
the database connection programmatically to bypass the IDE's Connection component as that appears it might have issues (or we're
doing something wrong).

[code]
' Gambas module file

Public Sub Main()

  Dim hConn As New Connection
  Dim rField As ResultField
  Dim MyResult As Result

  hConn.Type = "postgresql"       ' Type of connection
  hConn.Host = "localhost"   ' Name of the server
  hConn.Login = "postgres"       ' User's name for the connection
  hConn.Port = "5432"        ' Port to use in the connection, usually 3306
  hConn.Name = "postgres"      ' Name of the database we want to use
  hConn.Password = "mypgpass" ' User's password
  hConn.Open()               ' Open the connection
  If Error Then
    Print "OUCH!!"
  Else
    Print "Connected."
  Endif

  MyResult = hConn.Exec("select * from users")

  Debug MyResult.Fields.Count
  Debug MyResult!id
  For Each rField In MyResult.Fields
    Print rField.Name