[Gambas-user] [Git][gambas/gambas][master] Do not put '*.mo' files in '.gitignore' file. They are needed!

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 23:15:34 CET 2018

Le 14/02/2018 à 23:03, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :

> I'm a bit curious, why are these files needed exactly ?
>
> I'm no gettext expert, but aren't .mo files generated from the
> translation files to be loaded by the interpreter ?

They are generated indeed, but I don't want to let the gambas compiler
call 'msgmerge' to generate them.

So, if you want to compile programs from command-line, you have to call
it by hand, unless the '*.mo' files are already present.

This is what was done until the last commits. But I don't want to change
the logic now, just before the release.

--
Benoît Minisini