[Gambas-user] IDE Git Magic ....

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 16:12:42 CET 2018

Le 09/02/2018 à 15:41, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> Am 09.02.2018 um 15:07 schrieb Adrien Prokopowicz:
>
>> I think there is a misunderstanding here (I'm well aware of how Git
>> works). :-)
>
> Ok, sorry ;-)
>
>> However, since we can use GitLab to make the source archives for the
>> releases now, trying to have a repository that is as clean as possible
>> is a win-win situation : users get nice and small downloads, and we
>> don't have to do anything to make a Gambas release archive now, other
>> than making a tag. :-)
>
> Wow, cool! Is there already a link to a such a location?

GitLab actually generates these for us :
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/repository/v3.10.0/archive.tar.bz2

This is the archive corresponding to the v3.10.0 tag on the repository,
but you can replace the 'v3.10.0' in the URL with any tag, branch or
commit ID to get it as a downloadable archive (you can also get it as a
.zip, .tar.gz or .tar archive by just changing the extension).

For instance you can find the archive for the (current) master branch
here : https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/repository/master/archive.tar.bz2

You'll find that the 'master' archive is much less bloated than the
'v3.10.0' one, since it has Benoît's recent cleanups. :-)

--
Adrien Prokopowicz