[Gambas-user] IDE Git Magic ....

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 22:51:23 CET 2018

On Thu, 08 Feb 2018, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> What I always miss is a very easy way to direct a small portion of
> change to an explicit commit, while directing another change in the same
> file nearby at the same time to another commit. It is possible in Git
> and in tig but it is not really easy or intuitive. This could be a
> killer feature.

If I remember correctly, the IDE already has a widget for displaying
diffs (for the Project > Patch dialogs). This allows you to (un)tick
changes in a patch file at the hunk level. I think a `git diff` into
that widget and using its output for an automatic walk through
`git add --patch` will get you pretty far already. The only thing
that's missing is a way to break selected hunks up further.

Regards,
Tobi