[Gambas-user] variable declaration everywhere ???

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Fri Dec 14 15:00:13 CET 2018

Hi Jussi,

Am 14.12.18 um 14:43 schrieb Jussi Lahtinen:
> I'm quite skeptical about designing language so that it support only
> good code. In my opinion inclusions / exclusions of features in the
> language should be based solely on their usefulness,
> regardless of their role in bad code. Otherwise you end up crippling the
> language. Just think about it, no goto, restrictions on method length,
> forced indention / whitespace part of syntax, etc.

I like Goto very much, if soemone argues against it I always send this:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2003/1/12/128

But I also like the decision of Gambas to keep the declarations at the
top. Both (can) make the code more clean and readable.

There is no crippling of functionality in my mentions.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
[x] nail here for new monitor