[Gambas-user] Date(Now) with time component under Ubuntu?

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Dec 6 12:22:17 CET 2018

Hi Benoit,

This is contradictional:

> Date(Now) -> Return the date part, in the current localization (i.e. the
> current timezone). It means that the time part is set to 00:00:00, but
> in the current timezone.

The help says:

Date

Result = Date ( [ Expression ] )

Return the date part of a date & time expression. If the expression is
omitted, then the today date is returned.

The current localization is used, i.e. the date part in the current
timezone is returned.

Example

Print Now; " -> "; Date(Now)

05/16/2002 15:10:59 -> 05/16/2002

But what I get back is something like

05/16/2002 00:00:00

This should either not be the case, or be corrected in the help. The
Day, Month, Year components are delivered correctly of course, as they
are only integers.

Everything else works like you described, i. e. I have to look for
unclear string conversions etc.

Regards
Rolf