[Gambas-user] Monday evening thinkies (thought experiments)

Karl Reinl karl.reinl at fen-net.de
Mon Dec 3 22:56:04 CET 2018

Am Montag, den 03.12.2018, 19:00 +1030 schrieb Bruce:
> 1) Selecting the database version at runtime.

Salut Bruce,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multitenancy for me that's the base of my
solution, in my version.

My database projects have this 	multi-client capability, and TEST is one
of them so :
 - change at runtime
 - no new Login
 - with a 'client to TEST' copy function, you can play with real data

 - at develop time in the IDE, I have an argument called ISIDE. If
ISIDE.is found (could never be at runtime, except is passed as argument)
I use a special config-file and start with the TEST client DB .
When I backup my DB, I delete the TEST clients data first.
--
Amicalement
Charlie