[Gambas-user] Path specification

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:51:29 CEST 2018

Le 19/08/2018 à 14:30, Gianluigi a écrit :

> Hi Tobias,
> thank you very much.
> Finally I understood what the wiki's explanation means :-)
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

Sorry, the behaviour is changing in the development version. :-)

"abcd" --> 'abcd' file in the running component or project.

"./abcd" --> 'abcd' file in the running component or project.

"../abcd" --> 'abcd' file in the calling component of the running
component, or in the current project if there is no calling component.
The calling component is the component of the first calling function
that is not in the current running component.

".../abcd" --> 'abcd' in the current project.

"./gb.xxx/abcd" --> 'abcd' in the 'gb.xxx' component if it is actually
loaded.

I'm still looking for better syntaxes that are compatible with the old
ones described in the wiki:

- The problem with './gb.xxx/abcd' is that you can't access a 'gb.xxx'
directory in your project without using the 'gb.xxx' syntax directly.

- The problem with '.../abcd' is its ugliness.

- And so on...

Benoît Minisini