[Gambas-user] #Stream

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:55:25 CEST 2018

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018, Hans Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the following, for example, is a riddle:
>
> FLUSH [ [ # ] Stream ]
>
> When is the # sign set and in which other cases not - it is optional?

And Benoit or any other old-timer :-) -- what is the history of this symbol?
I assume it had a meaning in BASIC similar to "$", but in this case I could
only find exactly one comment in a translation/etymology forum for "octothorpe"
which references that "some BASIC dialects" used it, but I couldn't find
any concrete dialect or what the symbol was used for.

Regards,
Tobi