[Gambas-user] Dir

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:32:02 CEST 2018

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018, Hans Lehmann wrote:
>   <head>

>   </head>
>         This assignment can be found in the documentation under the link
>         <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/dir">http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/dir</a> <br>
>         FilenameArray = Dir ( Directory AS String [, Pattern AS String,
>         Filter AS Integer ] ) AS String[]<br>
>         Questions: <br>
>     <ul>
>             heading can you find yourself and other instructions in the
>     </ul>

(This is one of the worse machine translations I have read recently.
But knowing that Hans is German, I can make some educated guesses as
to where the translator might have gotten confused.)

  1. I would call "Dir" a function, a /built-in function/ to be precise.
     In the documentation, it is also called an /intrinsic function/.

  2. You can find all built-in functions and instructions in the
     Language Index[1]. There is an overview of categories if you are
     looking for a more specific topic [2]. The built-in /classes/
     are listed in the gb component [3].

Regards,
Tobi

[1] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang