[Gambas-user] Unsubscribed - Still Getting Messages

pmb a1jr5t81 at protonmail.com
Sun Aug 5 22:10:54 CEST 2018

Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.

Sunday, 5 August 2018

Good Day Gambas Mailing List . . .

I have notified the list a few times to be removed but I am still getting 'some' messages.

Two things maybe,

(1) I am not removed. In which case please remove my address. Thank You.

(2) Someone is using an old list and my address is still on it.

Please look into it.

Thank You

Two recent messages are included.

From:		Tobias Boege
		<taboege at gmail.com>
		August 5, 2018 8:19 AM
To		Gambas Mailing List <user at lists.gambas-basic.org>

This email has failed its domain's authentication requirements. It may be spoofed or improperly forwarded! Learn more.
This message is from a mailing list. Learn more

On Fri, 03 Aug 2018, Adam Ant wrote:
> Isn't this stuff in the IDE startup hints?  That's where a lot of important
> info is hidden

It probably is! I haven't seen the startup hints in so many years that
I forgot they existed [ but I remember Adam Ant and his alter ego,
even though it has been some time, too :-) ]. But when I started learning
Gambas, some of them were incredibly helpful. They are like training wheels
for what I advise as often as I can: read the actual Gambas source code
of a class that interests you. It's not that hard and chances are high
that you catch a class that was written by a master and correctly uses
the full palette of Gambas features, each where applicable. But I know
the response to that. Ain't no shrimp got time fo' that.

Regards,
Tobi

another message

From:			KKing <kicking177 at gmail.com>
			08/03/2018 (2 days ago)
To:			user at lists.gambas-basic.org

This email has failed its domain's authentication requirements. It may be spoofed or improperly forwarded! Learn more.
This message is from a mailing list. Learn more

Can a Function update the content of the parameter values before
returning and or have the concept of the "OUT" parameter?

K.