[Gambas-user] [Off Topic] using try when access devices shadow the errors

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 14:19:51 CEST 2018

On Fri, 03 Aug 2018, Adam Ant wrote:
> Isn't this stuff in the IDE startup hints?  That's where a lot of important
> info is hidden

It probably is! I haven't seen the startup hints in so many years that
I forgot they existed [ but I remember Adam Ant and his alter ego,
even though it has been some time, too :-) ]. But when I started learning
Gambas, some of them were incredibly helpful. They are like training wheels
for what I advise as often as I can: read the actual Gambas source code
of a class that interests you. It's not that hard and chances are high
that you catch a class that was written by a master and correctly uses
the full palette of Gambas features, each where applicable. But I know
the response to that. Ain't no shrimp got time fo' that.

Regards,
Tobi